Virgin Coconut Oil for Pregnant Mothers
During pregnancy consuming superfood provides nutrients that contribute to the well-being of the baby. One of the superfood pregnant mothers can consume is Virgin Coconut Oil. Here are some reason why pregnant mothers should include Virgin Coconut Oil in their diet:
- Coconut oil primarily contains lauric acid, which is a medium-chain fatty acid (MCFA) that will increase the levels of good cholesterol.
- Virgin Coconut Oil has anti-bacterial, anti-viral and anti-fungal properties. It is an important protection for pregnant mothers in preventing viral infections, for example colds. Thus minimizing the intake of over-the-counter medications.
- Virgin Coconut Oil not only strengthen mommy’s immune system, but also the baby.
- Regular consumption can help relieve pregnancy nausea and ease pregnancy heartburn.
- Some expecting mother experience constipation. Drink a lot of water and adding Virgin Coconut Oil in your diet may help soften the stool.
- Virgin Coconut Oil is all you need to combat stretchmarks as it moisturizes the skin. Apply Virgin Coconut Oil all over your belly focusing in your belly. You might need to repeat this process several times as the belly grow.
How Safe Is Virgin Coconut Oil During Pregnancy?
Virgin Coconut Oil is safe to consume during pregnancy. We suggest to take Virgin Coconut Oil in moderation, not more than 5% of your daily calorie count. We wouldn’t advise eating it directly especially for those who never consume Virgin Coconut Oil before but the benefits make it a useful alternative to other oils or butter.
Ideas to incorporate Virgin Coconut Oil
There are tons of ways to include Virgin Coconut Oil to your daily diet. Here are some of ways that you can try:
- Add Virgin Coconut Oil to your smoothies
This is one of the best ways to have coconut oil while pregnant. You can add about a tablespoon of virgin coconut oil to your smoothies. This will give you your share of lauric acid on a consistent basis as well as provide you with a filling and energizing drink.
- Stir fry your veggies with Virgin Coconut Oil
If you like your veggies fried as a snack, you can sauté them in coconut oil. The oil has a high tolerance to heat and is hence, one of the best for frying and cooking without worrying about toxins in super-heated oil.
- Use as a bread spread
Mix your Virgin Coconut Oil with chocolate powder to create a yummy choco spread. You can also blend it together with peanuts to get a healthier version of peanut butter spread. Spread this with brown bread and voila! Breakfast is served! (or is it mommy’s midnight snack?!)
Have you ever tried Virgin Coconut Oil during your pregnancy? Share your experience in the comments below! Cheers to a healthy and comfortable pregnancy with coconut oil!